The Strongman’s Diet Stage 1
The Strongman’s Quest: Enter and Win a Strongman Contest
A diet to build strength is a bit different than one for a competitive bodybuilder. You are not only building muscle mass but also working to increase your energy levels, especially around the time of a contest. Most Strongman competitors will eat 5-7 meals a day of lean protein, clean (starchy, fibrous and vegetable) carbohydrates and a limited amount of fat.
- Drink at least one gallon of water a day, try 16 oz. bottle every 2-4 hours. Sleep is also important.
- Eat clean foods, this means no added sugars.
- Every meal should have a one complex carb and a lean protein. For example, eat egg whites and a vegetable with sunflower seeds.
- No Alcohol
For this stage Travis is just getting started. His meal plan is basic but as he learns more about becoming a Strongman Competitor he will adjust his eating according with what he learns and the advice he gets from the pros.
The Strongman’s Current Meal Plan – One Day
- 5:00: Protein shake and Greek yogurt
- 8:00: Banana and oatmeal
- 11:00: 8-10 ounces of Baked chicken w/ rice
- 2:00: 8-10 ounces of Baked chicken w/ rice
- 4:00: Trail mix
- 5:30: Protein shake w/ pre workout
- 8:00: 8-10 ounces of protein and a complex carb