The Healthy Benefit Of Crystallized Ginger Recipe
If you are a fan of Ginger Tea…have you ever heard of Crystallized Ginger! We like this healthy recipe idea from
- Place the sliced ginger in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Reserve ½ of the ginger water and then drain the ginger slices.
- Place the sliced ginger back in the pot with the reserved ginger water and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the temperature on a candy thermometer reads 225 degrees F.
- Drain the ginger in a colander over a bowl to catch the syrup (see Note).
- Lay out the ginger slices on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet, separating the slices the best you can. Let cool for 2 hours (you want them sticky but not wet so that the sugar will adhere without dissolving).
- Toss the ginger slices in a bowl of sugar so they are coated all over.
- Place the ginger slices back on the cooling rack to sit overnight.
- Store in an airtight container in a dark, cool place. Will keep for several months.
The post The Healthy Benefit Of Crystallized Ginger Recipe appeared first on .