Sunrise Fruit Salad
Well this would be my Sunrise Fruit Salad and no it doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy this dish! This breakfast is low in calories, low in fat and is diabetic friendly! Feel free to substitute fresh cranberries for blueberries since they’re in season, but any fruit combination would taste delicious. I just love how easy this recipe is to whip up and is perfect to grab on the go when you have to work. Oh yes and the addition of honey will rock your world!
I would recommend cutting your fruit up the night before and pre-mixing the yogurt combo so that it’s all ready to eat the next day. Super simple and oh so tasty! This recipe calls for plain Greek yogurt, but you could substitute all sorts of flavors, such as lemon, to spice this up a bit. Feel free to throw in some granola too for crunchy texture, the possibilities are endless!
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 6 oz. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 tsp. finely shredded orange zest
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium kiwifruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in yogurt and honey until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and orange zest.
- Divide cream cheese mixture among six serving dishes and top with fruit. Enjoy!