Love Grown Foods was gracious enough to send me a big heaping box full of delicious granola! Now I’m not sure if you know this but I’m kind of obsessed with the stuff. I put it in my cookies, I mix it in my peanut butter and eat it with fruit (weird I know) and I absolutely CANNOT eat yogurt without some of this yummy deliciousness. Go check out their website and see for yourself!
I was such a huge fan of the flavors they sent me. I think my favorite was definitely their Sweet Cranberry Pecan which had a delicious hint of cinnamon (mmmm!), but each flavor would be amazing eaten by itself or with a lot of different dishes! For instance, you could make baked apples and granola with their Apple Walnut Delight, chocolate chip granola cookies with their Cocoa Goodness, or even oatmeal raisin cookies with their yummy Raisin Almond Crunch! The possibilities are endless! With that said, I would LOVE to share with you a dessert I made that went perfect with this fabulous granola.
These tasty granola squares were SO delicious and super easy to make! I was excited to try this granola as soon as I got home and was so happy when I realized I already had everything I needed on hand. I chose to use the sweet cranberry pecan flavor and it really mixed well with the strawberry preserves, but you could use any granola of your choice. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Strawberry Granola Squares
- 1½ cups granola of your choice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves (such as Smuckers)
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well-greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 square • Calories: 174.5 • Fat: 5.5 g • Carbs: 30 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 2 g • WW Points+: 5 pts
The post Strawberry Granola Squares appeared first on Eat Yourself Skinny.