Skinny Buffalo Chicken Bites
Whew! What a weekend it’s been – I’m finally moved in (if you couldn’t already tell by my hundreds of Instagram updates) and it has completely wiped me out! But it really has been such a fun process and I know this is only the beginning, painting begins next weekend! I’m throwing my first ever Oscar party in four weeks for all my girlfriends so I want to get as much done as I can. BUT, as I’m sure you all know, the Super Bowl is NEXT weekend so it’s time for some fun appetizers!
These chicken bites were so much fun to make and I was crazy impressed at how good they were! Warning: you may end up consuming the entire plate without realizing it. This is essentially buffalo chicken dip (lightened-up of course) rolled into a ball with crushed Corn Flakes and baked (NOT fried!) in the oven. Result? The perfect appetizer for game day that will please your girlfriends and surprise the boys!
Shh…don’t even tell them these are healthier. They’ll think it’s the “good” stuff.
I didn’t have time this year to throw together my Skinny Super Bowl Snacks round-up that I posted last year, but feel free to check it out for some great healthy appetizer ideas! Some of my favorites are baked zucchini sticks, mini zucchini pizzas and of course you can’t forget the skinny beer-garitas! Have fun and can’t wait to hear about all the fun football parties!
Oh and I should probably mention, these little bites are only 1 WW point each – so feel free to indulge ladies!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup favorite hot sauce
- 3½ oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (you won't use all of it)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, hot sauce and cream cheese; mix well. Stir in cheddar cheese and green onions and set aside.
- Using 3 separate bowls, set out the flour, eggs and crushed cereal. Scoop out chicken mixture and make 1½-inch balls, first rolling in flour, then dipping in egg and last coating with cereal. Repeat this until you have about 30 balls.
- Place balls on sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing and enjoy!