Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onion
- 2 (1/2 inch-thick) slices white onion
- 1 (8 oz) package mini sweet bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (5 oz) tilapia fillets
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat grill to high heat. Arrange onion slices and bell peppers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions for 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove onions and bell peppers from grill, and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice onion rings in half. Thinly slice bell peppers; discard stems and seeds. Combine onion, bell peppers, ¼ tsp. salt, and ⅛ tsp. black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining ½ tsp. salt and remaining ⅜ tsp. black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture and jalapeno slices evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
The post Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onion appeared first on Eat Yourself Skinny.