Rosemary & Garlic Cauliflower Mash
So I have a confession.
One of my favorite guilty pleasures is mashed potatoes. Don’t ask me why, but for me growing up it was always an essential side dish with…well, pretty much everything! It wasn’t until I was older and started making them myself that I realized why I loved them so much – my mom would put a TON of butter in them! And when I say a ton, I mean enough to make even Paula Deen cringe. Well after having mashed cauliflower at various restaurants and even a few weddings, I knew I had to make them for myself.
Yeah I may never go back to regular mashed potatoes again.
Not only do they taste super delicious, but they’re guilt-free too because there is ZERO butter! How can one have mashed “potatoes” without butter you might ask?? Easy. Simply add chicken stock for flavor, Greek yogurt for the creaminess factor and a little garlic and Parmesan cheese because it just tastes good. I also added one wedge of Laughing cow cheese (garlic and herb flavored) to make these even creamier which was a suggestion made by my bestie Kristen. She makes amazing paleo dinners ALL the time and I told her she should start her own blog ASAP because her cooking is waaaay better than mine. Anyway, these turned out SO amazing that I’ve already made them three more times since photographing my first batch!
That’s what I call a winner folks.
Hope you guys enjoy the cauliflower mash as much as we did! Feel free to pair this with any traditional staple whether it be a juicy steak or your favorite chicken dish, you really can’t go wrong. I promise it will change the way you eat mashed “potatoes” though – you’re welcome.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 wedge Laughing cow cheese (I used garlic and herb)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add your chopped cauliflower. Boil for about 10 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and soft. Drain and pat dry with a towel.
- Add hot cauliflower to your food processor and add chicken stock, Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic and cheeses; process until completely smooth. Feel free to add a touch more Greek yogurt as needed for creaminess.
- Stir in salt, pepper and rosemary and enjoy!