Post-Workout Banana Bites
Looking for a delicious post-workout snack??
Of course you are, it’s the beginning of the New Year and everyone just joined the gym. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that New Year’s resolutioners (as I like to call them) are motivated to get their booties back in the gym and make a healthy change in their lives…but it takes me over an hour to get a freakin’ elliptical machine!! I can’t complain though, it’s such a great feeling to see the gym packed with so many new faces and I only hope they continue on this healthy path, I truly do.
I just wish they’d share…..just one.
So now what are these mini delights?? Well only the best thing my lips have tasted since I gave up my beloved Reeses peanut butter cups. No unfortunately chocolate isn’t included, but hey, dipping is always welcomed! These are such a great little post-workout treats as they are packed with tons of fiber, protein and little fat to provide long-lasting energy as well as restoring and repairing your muscles after a long workout. They also happen to be only 27 calories per piece!
- 5 bananas
- 2 oz. vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- In a small bowl, mash one banana and whisk together with Greek yogurt and creamy peanut butter; set aside.
- Slice bananas into half-inch thick slices and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Spread an even amount of peanut butter mixture over top of the slices and place another slice on top. If the bananas start sliding around, feel free to add a bit more peanut butter simply to make the mixture thicker.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours and enjoy after your long workout!