Mini Pineapple Tartlets
But you can make these any time and I promise no one will judge you.
I made these this week for Bachelorette night (yeah we all know how that went down) and despite the god awful ending due to Emily’s worst decision ever, these were really yummy! I went the short cut route and used canned pineapple chunks…yes I know forgive me…and sauteed them with a little brown sugar and cinnamon. Next time I might even add a little rum, you know, just because. Not only did my kitchen smell amazing, but I couldn’t stop licking my spoon!
I topped these miniature delights off with some Lite Reddi-whip and went to town. Just make sure to serve right away because I found that the shells got a bit soggy after sitting for awhile, but that didn’t stop me from stuffing my face. Let’s be real.
Go ahead, see for yourselves.
- 2 boxes mini phyllo shells
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained (or fresh pineapple)
- ½ Tbsp light butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Lite Reddi-wip, for topping
- Melt butter in a skillet and pour in drained pineapple chunks. Stir in brown sugar and saute pineapple for about 5 to 6 minutes, breaking apart the chunks, until caramelized.
- Spoon sauteed pineapple into phyllo cups and top with lite Reddi-wip. Enjoy!