Mini Maple Pecan Pies
Holy Fall y’all!!
It’s finally time to bust out my boots and scarves and stand in line for a good 30 minutes for that pumpkin spiced latte I’ve been craving since last year (yes I know I said I hate coffee, but c’mon…exceptions must made). And what better way to kick off this gorgeous season than with some pecan pie??
Little guilt-free pecan pies I should note.
Now you may be wondering where all the filling went in these tarts?? Well for one, when I returned home from the store I found that most of the shells had either cracked or lost some of their layers (ugh!) and two, I really didn’t feel like driving all the way back to the store for a new package so I managed to salvage what I had. Yes…I’m lazy, but moving on. They were still absolutely delicious, but it did cause some of the filling to seep out of the cracks in the bottoms. For those of you with NON-cracked shells (lucky), your filling should bake nicely over top of the pecans and make a gorgeous presentation!
I absolutely love these mini pies for the pure fact that they make great party treats and cute desserts! If you’re anything like me, when you go to parties, you probably stick to appetizers and desserts that are bite-sized and simple to eat. Well lucky for you, these fall nicely into that category and would look amazing on any Thanksgiving table!
Hope you enjoy them!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup agave (or sugar-free maple syrup)
- ¼ cup Stevia baking blend
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 box mini fillo shells (15 shells)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fillo shells on prepared baking sheet and fill evenly with chopped pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, agave (or syrup) and Stevia and pour over tarts, filling just to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and enjoy!