Mexican Corn Dip
So to keep up with the theme of Cinco de Mayo this week I made up some of my FAVORITE corn dip. I got this recipe from my Aunt Suzy who is an amaaaazing cook and I must warn you, this is very addicting! It’s so quick and easy to make, takes less than 10 minutes and is perfect for any party, tailgate or gathering you might have. I did lighten this up a bit using light sour cream and mayo, but it does call for more cheese than I wish it had. But just remember to eat everything in moderation! Try this with some baked Tostitos, Fritos (which are MY favorite) or even some pita bread, it’s great with anything! I hope you all are enjoying the festivities of Cinco de Mayo, I know I am! Cheers!!
- 3 (11 oz) cans of Mexican corn (or sweet corn would work too)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis, drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8oz) container of light sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (feel free to add more jalapenos if you want it more spicy)
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.