Hi loves! So I know I’ve been slacking on recipes this week, but my boyfriend’s brother is getting married Friday so we are crazy busy!! I absolutely love weddings and this one is going to be amazingly beautiful, I can’t wait. Pictures to come!!
Anyway, I haven’t been completely out of the kitchen. I’m so excited to be guest posting over at Not Rachael Ray
today and I was so happy she invited me to share with everyone! You should remember Rachel, she made those yummy Blueberry-Strawberry Muffins
that were such a huge hit. So I decided to make a dish by one of my FAVORITE and most beautiful chef’s, Giada de Laurentiis! I saw this Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives and Lemon
on one of her shows and just had to try it. We loved it and the best part?? It actually tasted great cold the next day, much like a pasta salad. Yum!
This linguine has so many amazing flavors and the use of lemon was incredible! I loved this pasta dish because there is absolutely no heavy cream or butter and everything tastes amazingly fresh. Oh and did I mention this was super easy to whip up and took me no longer than 10 minutes?? Yep it’s pretty awesome. Best part about this dish is that it yields SO many leftovers and we found that it actually tastes just as great cold! Reminded me of a cold pasta salad that you would find at a cookout or picnic and this is something I would definitely share with my friends.
Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives and Lemon
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine pasta
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or julienned
- ½ cup medium green olives, pitted
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground back pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice and reserved pasta water. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 oz. • Calories: 304 • Fat: 9.3 g • Carbs: 45.6 g • Fiber: 6.8 g • Protein: 9.9 g • WW Points+: 8 pts
So go check out this fabulous recipe over at Not Rachael Ray
and make sure to send her some love as well! Hope you’re all having a great week and don’t worry, I’ve got lots of recipes to share real soon!
The post Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives and Lemon appeared first on Eat Yourself Skinny.