Chicken, Peach, and Sausage Kebabs
Thanks to Ricardo Cuisine for sponsoring this post.
I have to tell you I am so excited to share this recipe with you. This one is a flavour explosion. It’s packed with so many great elements. All of those elements come together for one amazing recipe.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Ricardo Cuisine. I was browsing through the Chicken Recipes and Ricardo’s recipe for Chicken, Peach, and Chorizo Fricassee jumped right out at me. I was mesmerized.
Immediately I knew I wanted to make that recipe. However it’s about a bazillion degrees here right now. So I bookmarked Ricardo’s original recipe to whip up on our first cool day.
Then I put on my thinking cap, as all us cool kids do, and thought of how to make this recipe on the grill. It quickly hit me that it would work beautifully on a stick. I mean everything is awesome on a stick. Am I right?
As many of you know, I am a serious grill addict. Usually I share my grilling recipes on my grill blog, but this one is so wicked special I wanted to share it here on Cravings. This recipe blew my mind, it exceeded all my expectations.
This recipe is really adventurous but don’t let that scare you. I’m a picky eater and I gobbled this up like it was my last meal. I may, or may not, have given hubs a little shove out of the way so I could grab the last one.
My motto is “she who makes the food always gets the last piece”. I figure when you have a motto you should defend that motto against anyone who tries to mock it. I’m doing my duty. Or I’m just a greedy eater. Probably the latter.
If you get a chance to make this one I highly suggest you do so immediately. Also make lots of extra kebabs. You’re going to need them. Possibly some body armour as well. Just in case you invite me over when you make it.
Make sure you swing by Ricardo Cuisine for tons of recipe inspiration. I’ve saved about 12 recipes I want to make as soon as possible. There are tons of grilling recipes for all my fellow grill fanatics too. You will want to browse around all day long.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Chicken, Peach, and Sausage Kebabs
Great kebab recipe you make on the grill.
Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe type: Main
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 sausages, cut into small rounds
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ large sweet onion, cut into chunky pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunky pieces
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup of your favourite BBQ sauce, if desired, honey based sauces pair well with it
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water for about an hour before you need them.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Oil grill grates carefully.
- Cut all of your ingredients into cubes that are similar in size and shape.
- Load the ingredients onto the skewers. Be sure not to overcrowd the skewers so things cook evenly. Layer any which way you like. I enjoy making mine all a bit unique.
- In a medium size bowl whisk olive oil, and white wine vinegar together. Add all the spices to the bowl and whisk again. Brush generously over the kebabs. Tap off excess oil and place on a platter to bring out to the grill.
- Place you skewers on the grill and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, making sure you cook them as evenly as possible. If you like yours well done with a bit of char just cook them for a few more minutes.
- I like keeping one side of my grill off so I can move any skewers off the heat if I get flare ups, and also just because it’s always nice to have a spot to move things over to if some are cooking slightly quicker than others.
- If you are a BBQ sauce fanatic you can brush some on right as they come off the grill. Use your favourite kind, but be sure it pairs well with sage.
- Serve with a big old adventurous smile!
Adapted from Ricardo Cuisine
I know right. It is such a unique and cool recipe. I love it so much. I hope you give it a try.
Take a peek below at Ricardo’s original recipe, this is the Chicken, Peach, and Chorizo Fricassee that inspired my recipe. It’s so gorgeous.
Let me know if you make either of these recipes. Be sure to tag #RicardoCuisine on Instagram, or @RicardoRecipes on twitter. You can also tag me by using #cravingsofalunatic on Instagram, or @CravingsLunatic on twitter!
Have a fabulous week full of great food, oodles of fun, and lots of time with family!
Toodles and smoochies! xx
The post Chicken, Peach, and Sausage Kebabs appeared first on .