Warm Curried Chicken & Sweet Potato Salad
The creamy dressing for this heat salad is laced with contemporary mint and cilantro. If contemporary mint is just not simple to come back by, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary basil or 1 teaspoon dried mint. Makes four servings:
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced purple onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary mint
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound candy potatoes, peeled and reduce into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ pound skinless, boneless hen breasts
- 6 cups loosely packed shredded spinach leaves
1. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the yogurt, cilantro, purple onion, mint, and cayenne. Refrigerate till serving time.
2. In a small bowl, stir collectively the curry powder and salt. In a vegetable steamer, cook dinner the candy potatoes till tender, about eight minutes. Switch the candy potatoes to a bowl and add the orange juice, 1½ teaspoons of the curry powder combination, and 1 teaspoon of the oil.
three. Rub the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder combination onto either side of the hen. In a nonstick skillet, warmth the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high warmth. Add the hen and cook dinner till golden brown and cooked by way of, about three minutes per facet.
four. Line four dinner plates with the spinach and mound the candy potato combination on prime.
5. Lower the hen into strips and organize on prime. Drizzle among the yogurt dressing over every serving and go the rest on the facet.
Diet per serving: 225 energy, 4g whole fats (1g saturated), 50mg ldl cholesterol, 4g dietary fiber, 24g carbohydrate, 24g protein, 260mg sodium.
Good supply of: beta carotene, folate, lutein, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, vitamin B6, vitamin C.