2017, Food safety -

Store Potatoes Safely

Don’t go away baked potatoes within the foil they had been baked in, particularly at room temperature.

Potatoes can harbor Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium naturally present in soil that causes botulism.

Although cooking kills the micro organism, their spores—which produce a lethal toxin—can survive, germinate and multiply within the oxygen-poor atmosphere throughout the foil.

Scrub potatoes earlier than cooking. Serve them immediately, and retailer leftovers instantly, unwrapped, within the fridge.