Grilled Tuna Salad Nicoise
Salade composée is the French time period for a salad whose elements are organized in separate piles fairly than being tossed collectively (the basic instance being salade niçoise). Although this seems clever on the plate, it isn’t a lot of a salad expertise. So right here is our model of an uncomposed salade niçoise, a mixture of Yukon Gold potatoes, grilled tuna steak and Italian inexperienced beans tossed with a mustard-lime French dressing.
Makes four servings
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon floor coriander
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 pound tuna steak
1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, reduce into ¾-inch cubes
½ pound Italian flat inexperienced beans, halved crosswise
Three tablespoons contemporary lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, comparable to olive or canola oil
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
eight leaves blended salad greens
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 small purple onion, halved and thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, stir collectively the cumin, coriander, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the sugar. Rub the combination into each side of the tuna steak.
2. In a vegetable steamer, steam the potatoes for 7 minutes. Add the inexperienced beans and prepare dinner till the greens are firm-tender, about Three minutes.
Three. In the meantime, in a big bowl, whisk collectively the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, the lime juice, oil and mustard. Add the nice and cozy potatoes and inexperienced beans to the dressing and toss to coat.
four. Spray a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium. Place the tuna on the grill, shut the quilt and grill for six to eight minutes, or till the fish simply flakes when examined with a fork. Let stand for 10 minutes earlier than thinly slicing the tuna on the diagonal.
5. Add the blended greens, corn and purple onion to the bowl with the potatoes and toss to mix. Add the tuna and toss gently.
Diet per serving: 362 energy, 9.9g complete fats (2g saturated), 42mg ldl cholesterol, 7g dietary fiber, 39g carbohydrate, 32g protein, 564mg sodium.
Good supply of: fiber, folate, magnesium, niacin, omega-Three fatty acids, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, thiamin, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D.
Totally different spins
- Tuna-Asparagus Salad Comply with the instructions for Grilled Tuna Salad, however substitute asparagus reduce into 2-inch lengths for the inexperienced beans. Substitute 1 cup cooked white beans for the corn and three thinly sliced scallions for the purple onion.
- Grilled Salmon Salad Comply with the instructions for Grilled Tuna Salad, however substitute salmon steak for the tuna. Omit the corn and purple onion, and add 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes and four sliced scallions.